Dr. McDermott was introduced to the Berkshires when he was a college student here in the 1980’s. Later in life he chose to move his wife and four children to the Berkshires because he knew his kids would love growing up here. Prior to joining Northern Berkshire Pediatrics in 2007, he was a physician at the University of Utah, Primary Children’s Hospital where he worked in the Emergency Department. Before becoming a doctor, he was a middle school teacher. Professionally, he is interested in getting kids to realize that being healthy is really fun.
Dr. McDermott and his wife and four children enjoy outdoor activities such surfing, snowboarding, and rock climbing. He is a member of a local rock band, and on Halloween, he brings his guitar to the office and tries to make up a song about every patient.
- Medical Saff Affiliation Baystate Medical Center August 2014 - present
- Medical Staff of North Adams Regional Hospital 2004 - March 2014
- Diplomate, American Academy of Pediatrics, 2004 - present
- Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatrics 2004 - present
*General Pediatric Internship and Residency, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah. July 2001 – June 2004
* University of Massachusetts Medical School, Worchester, MA
* Doctor of Medicine in May 2001
Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
* Ed.M., Focus on school reform and science teaching, 1995
Williams College, Williamstown, MA
* Bachelor of Arts Degree, Economics and Biology, 1998
* Magna Cum Laude
- Williamstown Youth Center : Board of Directors
- Coaches several youth sports including “Lets Rip” a skateboard video camp